To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winston-Salem, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Specialist
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas Realty • Winston-Salem, NC
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We make great neighbors! Join a team who embraces relationships and desires to grow with you. Our company partners with employees to foster success and meaningful careers. We work to build lasting relationships based on trust and care with our clients and the communities we serve, all while exceeding expectations for exemplary service and professionalism in everything we do. If you are looking for an energetic workplace and have a passion for helping others succeed, then you have found your place. After all, we make great neighbors! Keep reading to find out more about our company and position below. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounts Payable / Commission Processor Specialist has various job duties within the accounting department. Responsibilities may include any of the following:
1) Perform a variety of general accounting tasks.
● Calculate commissions, prepare statements and generate checks. Ensure the accurate processing of real estate transactions by inputting data into computer systems and Excel software programs and verifying the input by reconciling to cash.
● Review and process AP invoices. Code, calculate and verify invoice accuracy, discounts and approvals. Investigate and resolve discrepancies. Prepare and issue payments. Follow up as needed to expedite payment.
● Perform daily cash management functions including daily deposits, initiate and confirm wire activity, analyze cash position, move cash, and record the required journal entries
● Receive and record payments, research and resolve discrepancies and prepare bank deposits. Reconcile accounts receivable ledger to ensure all payments are accounted for and properly posted. Maintain vendor files and generate reports. Follow-up on past due accounts.
● Respond to information requests
2) Performs other general accounting and administrative duties.
● Cross-train with other departmental staff in processing duties.
● Assist Controller and other staff as needed.
3) Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
1) Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
● Accurately balance and close files to minimize adjustments.
● Support all Company-wide and department goals. Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
● Maintain strict compliance with all financial and legal requirements.
● Maintain awareness for cost savings and report any findings to management
2) Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
3) Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
4) Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Two years of Accounts Payable or Receivable helpful, but not required.
● Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions and percentages. Strong calculator and computer skills with Microsoft Office including Excel; data entry proficiency and working knowledge of accounting software accounting programs.
● Effective problem-solving abilities, attention to detail.
● Professional Business Attire
● Effective verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, a customer-service focus and the ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
● Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks concurrently. Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
● Flexibility in schedule. Month end processing and days of high transaction volume may require working beyond scheduled hours to process daily closings.