To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Palo Alto, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Marketing and Business Development Coordinator
Dorsey • Palo Alto, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking a Senior Marketing and Business Development Coordinator in our Palo Alto office. In this role, you will be responsible for business development activities and marketing functions of Dorsey's California offices with an emphasis on our Palo Alto office. In addition, you will also provide support as needed to matters relating to the Southern California office and firm-wide initiatives. A significant portion of your day-to-day work will involve direct interaction with partners and other attorneys with minimal oversight by management in the marketing group. Is strategizing about and solving business development challenges your specialty? Do you love working independently? Are you motivated by deadlines and enjoy multi-tasking? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Work with Marketing Manager, Client Relations Director, practice groups, lawyers and administrators to:
- Identify potential new business opportunities and develop the strategic approach to aid attorneys in acquiring new business.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients and develop and implement strategies to obtain new matters.
- Establish relationships with regional organizations that align with Dorsey’s practices and industry groups.
- Identify opportunities and formulate plans to raise Dorsey’s profile in California.
- Assist individual attorneys and assigned practices in creating business development plans, and assist attorneys and practice group leaders with implementation.
- Prepare client-centric written materials including internal and external communications, pitches and other marketing and sales materials.
- Identify key sponsorships and industry and trade association opportunities, including maximizing business development opportunities, assisting in preparing content and creative direction of relevant material, developing program ads, processing invoice payments and handling of other logistics, and monitoring attorney participation.
- Coordinate marketing and business development events, local and regional seminars and presentations, receptions and special events, including all aspects of event planning, strategy, execution and follow-up.
- Provide administrative support for industry initiatives including cross selling efforts and assistance with implementation of business development plans.
- Prepare lawyers’ rankings and directory submissions.
- Duties may include service to identified Practice Groups on a firm-wide basis.
- May be requested to perform other duties not mentioned above.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field.
· 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a similar or relevant position at law firms or other professional services firms.
· Excellent writing skills, with high attention to detail; emphasis on accuracy.
· Demonstrated experience coaching attorneys or other professionals on business development initiatives
· Professional, independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to offer constructive opinions and creative solutions.
· Strong oral communication skills and ability to interact successfully and collaboratively with others.
Excellent consultative and consensus-building skills.
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under intense time constraints.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the firm’s entire marketing team.
· Willing to work nights and weekends, as required. Willing to travel from time-to-time to the firm’s Southern California office.
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
How to Apply:
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go to the “Careers” section of the Dorsey website at www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and complete Dorsey’s online application form. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5178.
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including health care plans, a generous paid time off policy, paid holidays, retirement savings plan, profit sharing contribution, and more.
Please note that Dorsey is not currently accepting search firm submissions in connection with this opening.