Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Durham School Services has almost a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to student across the US. Durham is also part of a much larger family along with Petermann, Stock Transportation, Septran, The Provider, TransExpress, Safeway and Smith Bus, who come together as National Express LLC (NELLC). NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking an Operation Supervisor for our Customer Service Center (3065) in Davenport, IA.
- Provides overall CSC operational leadership by directing student transportation services, driver training and vehicle maintenance programs to support the operating plan and overall business goals.
- Provides staff leadership by promoting and ensuring safe, efficient and effective operations
- Monitors staff training requirements and ensure all employees obtain the required skills and abilities to perform their job assignments.
Sets performance expectations, coaches and counsels all direct reports in an effort to meet operational expectations; administers employee discipline as necessary.
- Ensure overall compliance with Company policies and/or processes. Escalate violations of policy and procedures with General Manager and/or Corporate personnel.
- Oversees compliance with state and district regulations
- Attends meetings with School District Representatives and represents company in professional manner
- Prepares and submits required customer-related reports in a timely manner.
- Documents and manages customer or employee complaints and review customer survey data
- Responsible for knowledge of CSC contracts and accompanying operational requirements.
- Collects and audits employees' time sheets.
- Manages direct and indirect hours to ensure budget requirements are met and collects and audits employees' time sheets as needed.
- Examines and reviews the daily exception report.
- Approves all expenditures in accord with company guidelines.
- Ensures the effective utilization of vehicles.
- Oversees the optimization of vehicle routing
Qualifications - External
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred
- 5+ years’ work experience required, with 3 years in ground transportation industry preferred; this can be waived with a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience
- College education can be substituted for up to 2 years required work experience
- Supervisory experience preferred; specifically experience supervising/training a driver workforce
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.durhamschoolservices.com or http://www.nellc.com.
Oversee Entire Shift
Training Crew Members
Oversight Of Production
Daily Production Standards
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Durham School Services can trace its history back to 1917, to a three-bus company started in the San Gabriel Valley of California. In its early years, Durham specialized in special education transportation. This specialization has helped to nurture a unique commitment to quality service that is still maintained throughout our company today.
Today, the company operates more than 20,000 school buses and serves more than 400 school districts in 32 states across the country. Our corporate office, located in Warrenville, Illinois, houses the administrative and support functions for the company, and our local customer service centers (CSCs) are supported by regional operations teams located throughout the country. As a national company, we have a wealth of resources available to our customers, and still maintain an unmatched level of local support.
Durham School Services has a strong record of success and decades of experience in pupil transportation. With the support of National Express Group, a global leader in transportation, we are confident we can provide exceptional service to your district. We will remain continually focused on delivering our service promise: Getting kids to school safe, on time, and ready to learn . . . every day.
View the full profile