To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
347 North James Street
Kansas City, KS 66118
- Timothy Spadin
- Phone: 913-233-4238
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Dispatcher & Driver Manager
Butler Transport, Inc. • Kansas City, KS
Posted 2 months ago
7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Every 4th weekend, Sat & Sun
7:00 am to 12:00 pm
Requires strategic planning and coordination taking with other team members to book shipments, coordinate and schedule in a manner consistent with company protocols to ensure efficiency of operations.
Requires knowledge of U.S. Department of Transportation regulations to ensure regulatory compliant solutions with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR's).
Requires telephone and computer competency to ensure timely communication and status updates.
Accountable for performance.
- Utilize discretion and judgment to schedule and coordinate customer shipments according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using computer systems or telephones.
- Utilizing discretion and judgment; accept shipment tenders that can be efficiently scheduled and routed within the fleets capacity constraints while ensuring both timely service and a regulatory compliant work schedule.
- Monitor vehicles and schedules to ensure utilization of vehicles within a geographic region.
- Record and maintain records of customer requests, services performed, accessorial charges, expenses and other dispatch information needed to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Utilize discretion and judgment to strategically plan vehicles according to shipment schedules ensuring efficiency of operations within a geographic region.
- Direct the activities related to customer service, scheduling and tracking of customer shipments within a defined geographic area.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or two to four years related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Processing the trait of being organized or following systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
Skills & Abilities
Proficiency with various computer programs including: Innovative Computing Corporation (ICC). Enterprise Transportation Software through company's AS400 based system including Omnitracs system. Customer specific EDI and web-based shipment tools.