Gestamp Chattanooga is searching for a Controller to join the Finance team. This individual will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information, prepare financial reports, conduct studies which provide detailed cost information, and prepare budgets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions. Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers. Follows reporting routines/standards as required by parent company.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures, including budget preparation.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting and cost accounting system.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, expenditures, and cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Collects appropriate data and assists in preparation of federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property loss and potential liabilities.
- Arranges for audits of company's accounts.
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
- Understand and follow all required GPS standards.
- Any task deemed necessary by Management.
- Develop standards on annual basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree, CMA, CPA a plus
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 7-10 years related experience
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of integrated manufacturing SAP
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Gestamp is an international group dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of metal automotive components. The Group specializes in developing innovatively designed products to achieve increasingly safer and lighter vehicles, thereby reducing energy consumption and environmental impact.
Gestamp was founded in1997 with the goal of being a global provider with a focus on technology. Since that time, Gestamp has grown steadily, progressively adding new products and technologies. This has made us leaders in the design and manufacture of automotive components and one of the leading manufacturers in the automotive industry worldwide.
In Gestamp growth and constancy are our specialty. Our challenge is to position ourselves at the forefront of innovation in the automotive sector. That is why we make every effort to research and develop breakthrough technologies.
We know that in order to progress we must remain close to our customers, so we are present in the big global manufacturing centers and own nearly 100 production facilities on four continents. We can thus offer our customers comprehensive solutions that cover the entire production process, from product concept to delivery at their assembly lines.
Over the last decade, we have experienced strong growth, thanks to the quality of our employees, who are dedicated to innovation.
Gestamp North America consists of 9 manufacturing facilities (6 US, 3 Mexico), a workforce of 2200+ and a Divisional Headquarters located in Troy, Michigan. Gestamp is experiencing tremendous growth and has numerous opportunities currently available.
Not Ready To Apply?
View the full profile