One of the top relocation management companies in the world is expanding their US team. We are looking for a Junior Accountant / Finance Analyst in the Houston office. This is a functional role, providing accounting support to the Finance Manager and other managers within the region. The Junior Accountant will work with domestic and global entities in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives. One of the key responsibilities are to help the team improve the organizations financial performance.
· Support Finance Manager as required, including being cross trained on and back-up for their regular tasks and helping with special analyses/projects.
· Work with Finance Manager in supporting UK team’s monthly and annual close of Americas books and financial reporting.
· Upload ReloAssist to Exact daily for purchase and sale invoices.
· Administers aged receivables by working with the Finance Manager to ensure timely collection through communication with debtors.
· Collects on delinquent accounts by working with client managers or directly with clients. This includes process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies, short payments, client reconciliations and processing credit memos.
· Must communicate and follow up effectively with client manager regarding client account collections on a timely basis.
· Manage the region’s accounts payable process end-to-end, serving as primary point-of-contact for the overall process management.
· Coordinate invoices workflow for approval and payment.
· Set up new vendors, coordinating W-9 requests and new vendor relationship approvals.
· Oversee all vendor payment related inquiries, including researching, responding to and resolving vendor issues, communicating and following-up in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Reconcile vendor account statements.
· Support year-end 1099s generation and distribution.
· Work with Finance Manager to forecast cash disbursements and receipts weekly, identify priority payments and receipts, and process weekly payments.
· For Consumer, monitor all forms of payment (credit card, wire transfer, ACH, certified check) and ensure payments are made prior to any services being provided.
· Manage and execute the foregoing tasks in relation to Consumer, including any additional tasks particular to the Consumer business, such as credit card payments and collections.
· Participate in special projects particular to area of responsibility, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 3+ years general accounting experience
• Strong MS Office experience (Excel)
• Knowledge of billing and collection procedures
• Accounts payable and receivables experience in a professional services environment
• Experience with bank reconciliations
• Experience working with financial software
• Knowledge of accounting principles
• Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced accounting team
• Track record of meeting deadlines