• Manages classroom ensuring compliance with all MSDE-OCC regulations, company standards, policies and procedures.
• Provides a welcoming and friendly classroom environment for all children, parents and visitors.
• Maintains attractive and current classroom/hallway displays and an educational and informative Parent Board that is updated regularly.
• Creates and implements thorough, timely lesson plans that are age appropriate and stimulating in accordance with weekly themes and Celebree’s curriculum; manages effective classroom transitions.
• Assists and supervises children during all activities; counsels children as needed using positive and appropriate discipline techniques.
• Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained.
• Accurately completes all classroom paperwork, e.g., Daily Reports, accident reports, attendance records.
• Provides support and direction to assistant teacher to ensure the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
• Communicates effectively with parents, e.g., greeting by name, addressing concerns in a timely manner, giving positive feedback, and providing regular updates on their child’s development and classroom happenings.
• Identifies opportunities and/or problems in the classroom and school and works with the assistant teacher and/or school director to resolve.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The job requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting and carrying; ability to lift 50 pounds.
The minimum requirements are 90 clock hrs in Child Development and Curriculum Planning accompanied by 1 year’s experience in a licensed preschool classroom. This required experience may be replaced by 1 year of college (30 semester hours) or a combination of classroom experience & college hours. Additionally, 9 clock hrs of training in communicating with staff, parents, and the public is also required. Those with an AA or BA in early
Related keywords: daycare, preschool teacher, child care, teacher