To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pueblo, CO
- Jeff Rowe
- Phone: 865-539-8234
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Johnson Service Group • Pueblo, CO
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Johnson Service Group is recruiting for a, Mechanical Systems Engineer, for a 6-month contract position with in Pueblo, CO. This role provides support analyses and calculations for conceptual and detailed design of systems, including equipment selection, and supports the associated safety/hazard evaluations. The position is scheduled to work four, 10-hour days, with overtime as approved and a base pay rate + per diem.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment with limited oversight.
- Develops and revises Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) and mechanical system formal calculations.
- Leads multi-disciplinary design teams on projects of moderate complexity.
- Develops material requisitions and specifications for non-standard equipment and bills of material for off-the-shelf equipment and components.
- Conducts document and design checking as required.
- Prepares technical reports related to specific design issues.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
- Participates in field walkdowns.
- Provide guidance on engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria to expand the skillsets of peers.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Day to day responsibilities may include support to: operations, maintenance, operations support, acquisitions, safety, and/or quality.
- Prepares/Responds to Nonconformance Reports for equipment and material defects.
- Prepares Corrective Action Plans to address deficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 6 - 9 years of related experience in Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) development and mechanical calculations related to hydraulics, equipment sizing, and overall design for waste processing, refinery, power, or chemical facilities.
- Upon reporting, must be able to clear a physical examination and drug screen to obtain the proper badging.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction site
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and/or additional working hours during Key Project initiative time periods
- Professional Registration in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Strong understanding of Mechanical discipline drawings and system calculations.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs, VISIO, and other common computer programs.
- Field experience supporting installation or troubleshooting of installed and operating equipment/components
- Experience working on a Department of Defense Project preferred