Train on 1st shift for 2-3 weeks. Position will then move to 2nd shift, 3:30 pm to 12 am, Mon - Friday with possible overtime throughout the week and/or weekends.
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Perform high diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electrical meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and supervisors.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Follows the Lockout/Tagout program procedures at all times while performing service on a machine.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record as per company standards.
- Displays, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Sets up and operates various machine tools as necessary.
- General manufacturing safety knowledge and experience
- Lock-out / Tag-out experience and familiarity
- Forklift Operation and safety
- Quality System Awareness
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience
- An AA degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Maintenance is a plus
- Must be able to read, follow and diagnose from electrical schematics; PLC experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some HVAC.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following skills:
- Machine repair
- Plant layout
- Required to be familiar with and use all hand tools and power tools common to the skills listed and be well versed in the disciplines mentioned above.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, sketches, O.E.M instructions and specifications.
- Required to use considerable judgment when performing and planning to perform his/her tasks.
- Knowledge of PLC's and HMI's
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma, GED (or equivalent), Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs. consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; bend, kneel and squat.
- Required to possess vision abilities that include close, distant and peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Able to withstand non-climate controlled environments.
The candidates skills and talents we are looking for are:
- Attention to detail
- Preventive maintenance
- Property maintenance
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)