IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. has been propelled by the principles of its founder, J. Walter Becker, for nearly a century. Since the beginning, this family-run enterprise has been committed to building ideal relationships with its customers, employees and communities, creating some of the industry’s most innovative and trusted products along the way. This commitment to quality and service will continue to spur the success of IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. and its family of companies, for generations to come.
IDEAL has made its mark by developing the iconic products and practical technology demanded by critical industries like data communications, aerospace, electrical, wire processing, automotive, construction and more. Since the beginning, IDEAL INDUSTRIES has been a growing, energetic company, and that’s never been more true than today. It’s always been a compelling place to work and we’re poised for even more growth as we continue to move across the globe. With growth comes opportunity—and at IDEAL INDUSTRIES, the opportunity can be yours.
The Production Supervisor directs and coordinates all plant activities and personnel within their designated areas of responsibility to deliver quality products on time to our customers and at a profit. This must be accomplished in an environment where safety is first and a balanced ‘Lean’ attack continually achieves and improves Quality/Housekeeping/Service levels/Productivity. This position must partner with other functional areas, customers and suppliers to align plant activities with established business objectives and product/customer requirements.
The following includes a list of primary responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned by the manager to meet various business demands.
**THIS IS A 2ND SHIFT POSITION.
• Provide a safe work environment for all employees throughout the plant by utilizing 6S, providing proper PPE for employees and meeting OSHA workplace standards.
• Work with EH&S to properly manage waste removal, labeling requirements, fire prevention, etc.
• Lead an employee safety team and represent the group as a member of the safety management team.
• Lead workforce by building professional relationships with team members by sharing relevant information regarding the impact of their role & responsibilities on the performance of the business, listening to employee’s ideas/suggestions, motivating employees to improve by achieving goals, representing the employee’s interests to management, etc.
• Establish, communicate, measure and uphold Company Policies such as safety, attendance, performance expectations, etc.
• Create and foster a continuous improvement and customer focused culture.
• Supervise one or more functional operations’ group(s) in coordination with the appropriate team leaders.
• Utilize Leader Standard Work to ensure production targets and key KPI goals are achieved.
• Ensure employees are fully trained on the equipment and job requirements (know the work instructions) and follow the process steps to produce a quality product.
• Establish and implement (as necessary) contingency plans to deal with unexpected issues related to equipment, labor constraints, outside processing, etc. Collaborate with other departments to ensure all business wide targets are met.
• Ensure the team is meeting established product quality specifications.
• Train employees on quality assurance practices, ensure they have the proper equipment and monitor processes to ensure compliance.
• Work with Team to identify & implement continuous improvement opportunities relative to product flow, productivity, process, ergonomics, cost cutting, etc.
• Drive 6S culture to facilitate process and organizational improvement.
• Ensure work instructions & procedures are up to date and available to employees.
• Develop and maintain an effective training matrix to track training activities and identify training requirements.
• Drive and support cross training to meet production requirements.
• Work with employees on their career development based on desires and ability.
• Manage daily time keeping to ensure proper pay and attendance.
• Maintain documentation for workers' development & performance (training, annual reviews, discipline, etc.)
• Report out departmental performance as required by management.
• Maintain departmental performance records and Gemba boards.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Operations Management, Business, or Engineering degree preferred)• Demonstrated knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing with ability to lead teams through effective problem solving.
• Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to provide leadership in directing, influencing and managing a diverse work group to meet company goals.
• Must have demonstrated sufficient communications skills (both written and oral) for upward, and downward communications flow.
• Ability to identify and explain the core issues of a situation or problem.
• Possess initiative and a sense-of-urgency to deliver results.
• Possess demonstrated production planning skills.
• Ability to drive LEAN and continuous improvement projects.
• Solid proficiency of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills.
• Proactively communicates with others to solve problems.
IDEAL INDUSTRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Continuous Improvement Process