Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as technical liaison between customers and other Regional Sales Managers, as well as Renishaw design offices, including providing technical support for custom designs, working alongside Renishaw design engineers.
- Develop and deliver detailed product presentations and demonstrations.
- Provide full support to assigned and new customers, including technical troubleshooting and installations.
- Establish sales plans/targets and follow through on successfully achieving those plans/targets.
- Proper customer relationship management tracking, using available technology.
- Establishing and following through on priorities, in both day-to-day work and special projects.
- Contributing to a team environment, partner on a regular basis with Renishaw parties who are necessary to ensure proper follow through on sales activity/management and customer support.
Other Duties as Assigned or Requested
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical engineering, or experience equivalent.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and motion systems engineering experience.
- This position may require the use of, and access to, ITAR controlled data. The applicant must demonstrate eligibility to use and access such ITAR controlled data. The purpose of this requirement is to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws.
- Understanding of servo feedback loops.
- Previous internship with a company designing, manufacturing or involved with the installation, setup or selling of motion control systems, encoder systems or motion control controllers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced technical sales management and technical support.
- Demonstrated successful OEM account management and support.
- Ability to quickly identify issues and trouble-shoot technical systems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to interact with internal and external audiences, including customers, in all functions, including but not limited to technical, purchasing and management roles.
- Manual dexterity with the physical ability to install products in a normal production environment.
% of Travel Required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally:
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of intense conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Extensive travel by air and road.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Affirmative action employer of minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.