To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cranberry Twp, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Big Data Architect-24131
A-Line Staffing Solutions • Cranberry Twp, PA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a platform team member, you will work with a team of engineers on our cloud data platform that streams data from a variety of health care software and hardware systems in real-time to create transformational recommendations and benchmarking across our customers. Our solutions help to drive improved financial performance, compliance, and better patient outcomes. Each day you will make a positive impact in healthcare, while working with latest technologies.
- Defines technology roadmap in support of product development roadmap
- Lead the design, architecture and development of multiple real time streaming data pipelines encompassing multiple product lines and edge devices
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating data lineage, quality checks, classification, etc.
- Provide technical leadership to agile teams – onshore and offshore: Mentor junior engineers and new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Have a quality mindset, squash bugs with a passion, and work hard to prevent them in the first place through unit testing, test-driven development, version control, continuous integration and deployment.
- Ability to lead change, be bold, and have the ability to innovate and challenge status quo
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Operate within Agile Development environment and apply the methodologies
- Track technical debt and ensure unintentional technical debt is not created
- Recommends improvements to the software delivery cycle to help remove waste and impediments for the team
- Drives, promotes and measures team performance against the sprint and project goal.
- Works with the team to continuously improve in development practices and process
- Troubleshoots complex problems with existing or newly-developed software
- Mentoring and coaching of Software Engineers
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of data architectures, data pipelines, real time processing, streaming, networking, and security
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig or Hive
- Expert understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
- Proficiency with MapReduce, HDFS
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources and multiple data types
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineer
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering with 2+ years using public cloud
- 6+ Experience developing ETL processing flows using MapReduce technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- 4+ years’ experience developing with ingestion and clustering frameworks such as Kafka, Zookeeper, YARN
- 4+ years’ experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- 2+ years’ experience with spark structured streaming
- 4+ years’ experience with various messaging systems
- 2+ years’ experience with Kafka
- 1+ years of DevOps experience
- 1+ years’ benchmarking experience
- Master Degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- 1+ years’ experience with DataBricks
- 3+ years’ experience:
- NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O
- Scala or Java Language as it relates to product development.
- 3+ Years’ DevOps experience in cloud technologies like AWS, CloudFront, Kubernetes, VPC, RDS, etc
- Management of Spark or Hadoop clusters, with all included services
- Experience Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) /microservices