Laboratory and Regulatory Manager ; Edible Oil Company; Ayer MA
This company is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through 4 generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner. We have experienced tremendous growth and we are now seeking a Laboratory and Regulatory Manager for state of the art onsite laboratory.
Oversee all laboratory testing required of edible oils for our growing facility as well as manage the Regulatory functions. In this highly visible role, you will report to the Director of Quality and supervise the day-to-day operations of the lab and regulatory personnel ensuring that all food products meet required standards. Develop and review quality and food safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors.
· Manage laboratory personnel in preparing and performing testing, processes and generating Certificate of Analysis (COA) for edible oils samples by various chemical techniques, including but not limited to: Analytical, sensory liquid-liquid extraction, and other related techniques.
· Manage Regulatory and Compliance personnel including coaching, training, and performance management process.
· Managed all third party inspections in collaboration with regulatory, lab, and quality personnel.
· Oversee the receiving of incoming oils and analyzes various types of samples using one or more of the following analytical platforms: Prepares reagents and analytical standards.
· Utilizes Laboratory Information Management system for sample log-in, tracking, data management and reporting. Performs specified quality control activities and monitors appropriate measures to ensure quality of the analysis and data.
· Assist the team with the development of laboratory emergency response plans and training materials for laboratory professionals.
· Serve as the laboratory oil expert for all oils samples submitted to the laboratory, maintain laboratory chain of custody and monitor sample tracking.
· Continually drive the organizations standards for higher quality standards
· BS degree: biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration
· MUST HAVE 5ys Laboratory leadership experience
· Food laboratory experience required.
· Knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance standards
· Understanding of food chemistry with mixes, coatings, fats, oils and sugar
· Strong knowledge in self-life and the science of shelf-life extensions
· Hands-on experience with sensory testing and consumer feedback
· SQF Practitioner, HACCP certified
· Extensive knowledge of FSMA Practices
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Work with internal and external teams members
Salary : $100K; benefits; Relo Assist (Northeast); EOE; No Sponsorship
Contact : [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Laboratory & Regulatory Manager
Oversee all laboratory testing required of edible oils for our growing facility as well as manage the Regulatory functions. In this highly visible role, you will report to the Director of Quality and supervise the day-to-day operations of the lab and regulatory personnel ensuring that all food products meet required standards. Develop and review quality and food safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors
- Analytical Chemistry
- Laboratory Techniques
- Regulatory Compliance