TP Mechanical Contractors is seeking a HR Business Partner for our office in Columbus, Ohio. TP Mechanical delivers end-to-end solutions to our customers, from pre-construction expertise through contracting and fabrication to service and maintenance for piping, plumbing, HVAC/R and fire protection. We do this as a relationship-focused organization that leverages six decades of experience providing innovative solutions with excellence that drive down costs, enhance safety, increase value and deliver speed to occupancy.
The HR Business Partner optimizes the performance of human capital across designated regions via strategic relationships with leadership and staff. Creates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service that reflects the objectives of the business unit and organization. The HRBP is responsible for the delivery of HR programs and services including, but not limited to, employee relations, talent acquisition, leader consultation and coaching and performance management.
Responsibilities for this position also includes:
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent in a multi-site organization by studying organization plans and objectives.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels within multiple business units.
- Develop strong relationships and partner with hiring managers to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and to maximize effectiveness of the recruiting process.
- Build applicant sources by researching and developing relationships with community services, colleges, trade schools, military offices, employment agencies, etc.
- Partner with marketing to develop HR branding to attract new hires.
- Conduct phone and face-to-face interviews.
- Facilitate meetings with key leaders to review matters related to optimizing the performance of human capital.
- Partner with leaders to positively resolve workforce issues. Conducts thorough and objective investigations.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, career development and performance improvement).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Collaborate with other HR Business Partners and subject matter experts within HR to obtain information, deal effectively with department issues and deliver customized solutions.
- Provide general support for benefits and compensation related questions. Refers more specific questions to subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior Human Resources experience focused on recruitment and employee relations/HR Generalist support.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, performance management, benefits and employment laws.
- Knowledge of and ability to use HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of Windows based software (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Detail oriented.
Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Proven collaboration and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or related field. Experience can be substituted for education.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 60 years!
Interested candidates should submit their resume to URL blocked - click to apply or fax to Phone number blocked - click to apply Attn: HR/HR Business Partner. For more information about TP Mechanical Contractors, check out our web page at www.tpmechanical.com.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.