Ensure the quality of incoming liquid ingredients, batches and finished product by performing the following duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform required testing of products (raw & finished), recording product specifications.
• Analyze batch samples in kettles.
• Analyze liquid ingredients.
• Recommend adding or subtracting of ingredients.
• Monitor the filler to ensure weights, chart codes, labeling, pasteurizer temps are accurate by performing hourly checks.
• Place batches or finished product on hold.
• Copy batch cards for kitchen operators.
• Test run samples as requested.
• Maintain paperwork and files to ensure accurate administration.
• Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment (bump cap, hair net, ear plugs, beard net (if applicable), Kevlar gloves, safety glasses and leather skid resistant work shoes/boots).
• Ability to apply intermediate computer and communication skills, math functions, and reasoning.
• Ability to use tools/gauges (refractometer, salt titrator, acid titrator, PH meter, color meter, moisture meter, viscometer, constrometer).
• Previous experience in quality control.
• Extended standing and frequent moving by foot;
• Constant exposure to extreme loud noises;
• Constant exposure to extreme hot/cold (non-weather) environment;
• Constant lifting/carrying <30 pounds, reaching and use of fingers;
• Constant work in high place and near moving mechanical parts;
• Frequent reaching/pulling/bending/climbing stairs/stooping/kneeling/bending;
• Frequent lifting >30 pounds or pushing 80 pounds on a cart;
• Potential exposure to caustic chemicals.
Very Strong benefits package for the right candidate. Please provide your salary requirements when posting for this position.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org