To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA
- Yesenia Montano
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Decton Staffing Agency • Irvine, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll. Responsibilities include the ability to resolve issues, run and analyze required reports, anticipate needed reports as tools to support management decisions, and functional interfacing with the Accounting and Human Resources departments.Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Abide by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and internal procedures and controls to protect and preserve the Company’s assets.
· Abide by Federal and State regulations and payroll tax compliance and keep current on all laws and regulations.
· Processing: Prepare, review, audit and submit bi-weekly payroll. Process wage garnishments orders. Produce both system and live checks as needed.
· Data integrity: Maintain accurate and current data within the payroll system records including Time and Attendance module within Paycom.
· Produce and prepare reports for management.
· Analyze payroll policy and procedure changes/updates needed and recommend to management leading to best-practice operations.
· Maintain federal work study student compensation report for government reimbursement.
· Communicate actively with Campuses, HR and Accounting to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
· Assist in periodic training on payroll policies and procedures and the timekeeping system.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment and meet multiple deadlines with changing priorities.
· Projects and other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of five years of related experience, or equivalent combination of both education and experience;
· Current knowledge of Paycom with Time and Attendance;
· Effective organizational skills to meet daily deadlines with a commitment to quality and detail;
· Experience in application of advanced mathematical concepts;
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and generate alternative solutions;
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents;
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office software programs: Word and Excel; (Pivot Tables and Vlookups )
· Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills; commitment to customer service.