APTIM, a leading engineering firm with a global presence and a large commercial and government engineering practice, is pleased to announce an immediate opening in our Irvine, CA office for a Staff Scientist. This position has tremendous growth and career development potential for a passionate geologist.
- Must have 5 years' experience of related field experience.
- Develops competence in own area by performing routine work.
- Has basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in geology, hydrology, and GIS.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete own work.
- Understands relationships between work processes and the business.
- Is aware of costs related to own work.
- Communicates information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Builds team effectiveness skills within own work team.
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training (within last 18 months)
- Ability to work in an unsupervised environment, but can produce concise and accurate reports on planned and executed activities
- Working Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology or related field preferred
- Professional registration as a Geologist in California
- Familiar with GPS equipment, Groundwater/Soil/Air Sampling Equipment, and conventional survey gear.
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How We Make a Difference " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.