Currently looking for individuals to fill Mechanic Installer openings with a reputable manufacturing company located in Miami, FL. Interested candidates should have good mechanical skills and aptitude as well as prior mechanical experience working on autos, trucks, trains, buses, aircraft or heavy industrial equipment. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
Mechanic Installer Responsibilities:
- Following a pre-established schedule for the installation of equipment on transit vehicles including those associated with propulsion, trucks, pneumatic supply and brake control, air conditioning, fiberglass panels, glass, flooring, doors as required to achieve manufacturer specifications
- Measures and inspects completed work to confirm adherence to specifications.
- Record all findings accurately in provided Test Reports, for inclusion into Car History Books that follow each completed vehicle such as torque values, part and serial numbers.
- Performs modifications to vehicles as directed by engineering and supervisory staff.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, manuals and work orders.
- Documents work performed and parts and materials used; follows specified safety procedures.
- May perform welding and burning
Mechanic Installer Qualifications
- 2+ yrs experience experience in installation of electrical and mechanic equipment.
- Requires a thorough understanding of assembly build practices and procedures
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of specialized tools, equipment and measurements necessary to meet established standards.
- Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently in English.
- Experience in precision measuring equipment i.e., caliper, micrometer, pie tape, etc
- Experience in mechanical torque techniques.
- Must have experience working within and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Experience with working in diverse and busy team environments.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment.
- Must be able to read and understand basic work orders
Mechanic Installer Requirements:.
- Using and maintaining hand and power tools equipment of the trade.
- Some computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.