Are you looking for a rewarding career in a well-established financial institution?
Centra Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join our team as an Indirect Loan Underwriter - Processor at our Columbus, IN location.
This position will approve loans within the written limits set for the credit granting authority of the position. Will be responsible for approval/disapproval of loans generated and for maintaining compliance within the program. The loan underwriter exercises discretion and independent judgment in their decision making. Will be responsible for relationship management with auto dealerships and be a direct contact for indirect dealers. In addition, this position will review completed loan documents from dealers for funding. Ensure loan term, rate, conditions, security, lien and insurance documents are correct. Input loans into member accounts via the Velocity system and disburse proceeds and reserve monies to the dealer. Open accounts for new members generated through the Indirect Lending program.
- Daily approves or denies loan applications.
- Daily interacts and builds relationships with dealers involved in Indirect Lending while underwriting.
- Daily answers general inquiries from other branches, departments or public.
- Daily maintains compliance of Indirect Lending Program.
- Daily participates in funding operations by opening memberships, inputting data in Velocity.
- Daily supports a team commitment within the Indirect Department to accomplish department goals.
The position requires skills, education/ training and experience in the following areas:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Organization Skills
- Accounting Skills
- Professional Communication Skills
- Relationship Management
- PC Skills - DNA, Microsoft XL, Dealer Track, Route One, Velocity
- Analytical Skills
Centra Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer