- Assisting with interviewing and referring applicants for various warehouse and office positions.
- Assists with applicant tracking in our HRIS.
- Responsible for the completion of new hire paperwork and background checks, as well as assisting with new hire orientation preparation.
- Responsible for scanning in new hire paperwork to the corporate office.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations as it pertains to position.
- Working with main recruiter at corporate office in Grand Rapids, MI to accomplish hiring goals and expectations.
- Performs other special projects as required and assigned.
- Involves frequent contact with personnel inside and outside the Company requiring reasonable tact, discretion, self-expression, and a working knowledge of the benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Must have a working knowledge of employment, anti-discrimination laws and policies.
- Must be accurate, timely, and be able to handle confidential material professionally.
- Must have well developed interpersonal skills and have the ability to promote harmonious relationships with staff, peers, and supervisors.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position around 20-25 hours per week. Days and hours of work are somewhat flexible between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm, M-F.
Equal Employment Policy
S. Abraham & Sons, Inc. hiring and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associates/Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year Human Resources related duties
- Minimum of 1 year in office environment
Perform Secretarial Duty