When everyday people sort through all the ‘spin’ there is one quick-service restaurant that is ‘A Cut Above’… that’s Wendy’s! We stand for higher quality, fresh, wholesome food and never frozen beef … prepared when you order it … prepared by Wendy’s kind of people … people that believe this is My Wendy’s … we do it Dave’s Way … we don’t cut corners. We work hard with honesty, integrity and a true sense of respect for one another. And we take time to give something back to our communities.
Assistant Managers are an integral part of the restaurant leadership and management team. They provide the direction, training and expertise required to ensure that the customer's expectations are exceeded, employees are treated fairly and with respect, and that each shift achieves its business goals.
We are looking for individuals with a track record of achievement who are seeking an opportunity to make an impact in an evolving, growing organization. We are committed to providing “A Cut Above” development experience to help star performers achieve their full potential, while providing a great employee experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Train, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures.
- Work with restaurant management team to meet sales goals, including participation in local store marketing programs.
- Executes appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance sales.
- Work with restaurant management team to meet profit objectives, by managing costs (food, labor, paper, etc.) and other controllable expenses
- Execute company policies and procedures for the control of cash, property, product and equipment.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure product availability and order product.
- Manage and maintain safe working conditions. Ensure execution of preventive maintenance.
- Manage, direct, and monitor employees to achieve quality, service and cleanliness goals.
- Execute the restaurant's HR programs for employees. Manage employees in a manner that maximizes retention. Achieve proper staffing levels. Interview and recommend candidates for selection.
- Provide proper training for employees through established systems and follow through to ensure compliance with company standards and policies.
- Managers must be able to stand for long periods without a break, and be able to travel to the bank, other restaurants, area office, etc.
- Competitive pay with monthly bonus plan.
- Insurance options, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Home, Pet, and more.
- 401K with company match.
- Paid vacation.
- Opportunity for advancement
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, and organizational skills with a strong customer focus.
- 2+ years restaurant/retail management experience in a fast paced environment. College degree is not required but can be useful. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Dependability is a MUST.