Under the general supervision of the Social Work Coordinator, the Education Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the “core treatment team.” Additionally, the Education Case Manager is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the school enrollment and registration of all Residential clients and serve as a liaison with the school districts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
2. Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment and serve as a role model in carrying out the Mission.
3. Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
4. Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
5. Utilize Trauma Informed Care approach in recognizing the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledge the role that trauma has played in the lives of the clients/residents.
6. Assist in the healing process by developing appropriate RICH® (Respect, Information, Connection and Hope) relationships with those served.
7. Follow Universal Precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids.
8. Follow Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations pertaining to safety and the use of equipment/machinery.
9. Support Maryvale’s Performance and Quality Improvement Plan and participate in discussion regarding department or program goals, data collection and/or analysis.
10. Attends case conferences, discharge planning meetings, and other meetings as assigned to determine the case management needs of clients and their families.
11. Responsible for assisting in the development of comprehensive treatment plans.
12. Responsible for documenting progress through completion of Department of Mental Health documentation and providing feedback to treatment team members for inclusion in group home contract compliance documentation.
13. Adhere to documentation standards set for the by the Department of Mental Health (DMH) as it relates to providing Mental Health Rehabilitation Services.
14. Expected to provide Individual Rehabilitation/ Life Skills Services/ workshops as indicated to an assigned caseload
15. Adhere to the 24-hour turnaround requirement for client progress notes.
16. Responsible for demonstrating cultural sensitivity when interfacing with clients and families.
17. Attends all Residential Department meetings and in-service trainings.
18. Serves as a liaison for Maryvale’s Residential and the public schools and school districts.
19. Ensures the timely school enrollment of all Maryvale Residential clients within 3 school days as required by the DCFS Group Home Agreement.
20. Assist with notifying if resident is not in proper school attire.
21. Ensures the timely school registration of all Maryvale Residential clients.
22. Understands AB490 and can advocate for the educational rights of Maryvale students.
23. Attends and is an active participant in IEP’s for Maryvale residents.
24. Attend all school related meetings, including behavioral issues, SST, SARTs, AB216 and IEP’s.
25. Monitors school attendance and coordinates with the Group Supervisor and Therapist to resolve attendance problems and behavior problems.
26. Works collaboratively with the public schools and Non-Public Schools and the Maryvale treatment team to address academic needs.
27. Work with HSO and school nurse regarding medication issues.
28. Notify school of any allergies and special diets.
29. Assist with specialized programs activities.
30. Provide supervision, protection and care of the children individually and in groups at all times.
31. Provide assistance to each child in working with a group and in handling individual problems.
32. Administration of discipline and setting of limits for behavior.
33. Notation of the child’s progress; identification of the possible need for professional services; and communication of such findings to professional staff.
34. Provide assistance in dressing, grooming, bathing and other personal hygiene.
35. Assistance with taking medication, as necessary.
36. Ensure that medication shall be kept in a safe and locked place that is not accessible to persons other than associates responsible for the supervision of the centrally stored medication.
37. Ensure assistance is provided to the children in meeting their medical and dental needs.
38. Maintenance of house rules for the protection of clients.
39. Supervision of client schedules and activities.
40. Collaborating with outside resources including Title 1 for tutoring services.
41. Performs other duties as assigned.