SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant- Collections, is responsible for performing a variety of administrative and accounting duties for the Director of Client Intake and Receivables,. Duties include processing reports, assisting with collections, calendaring, and assisting with outside vendors or agencies. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilizes computerized accounting software programs and Excel to generate reports as requested by attorneys or the accounts receivable manager monthly, quarterly and annually.
2. Opens and organizes all incoming mail for accounts receivable manager.
3. Answers, assists and responds to all telephone calls, both internal and external for the accounts receivable manager. This includes contacting the client and faxing or emailing copies of invoices as necessary.
4. Runs and distributes credit reports for all offices.
5. Maintains accounts receivable collections system database. This includes working closely with the accounts receivable manager and attorneys to maintain and update comments in the system that will be included on reports distributed to Firm management.
6. Follows up on all returned mail received in the accounts receivable area. This includes emailing the secretaries to determine the appropriate address, getting the proper approvals to change the address and submitting forms to make the change in the accounting system.
7. Maintains the area electronic filing of documents and keeping all procedures manuals up to date.
8. Maintains the contingency fee database including generating and sending reports to attorneys.
9. Generates and mails monthly statements of account to clients.
10. Provides backup to the cash receipts position as needed.
11. Assists Accounts Receivable Manager as required.
12. Other duties as assigned.
The employee must be able to perform all essential job duties and responsibilities of this position satisfactorily and as outlined, with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodation requests may be accommodated, absent undue firm hardship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Knowledge of accounts receivable and/or finance. Technical and analytical skills in account reconciliation, credit extensions, payment plans, reporting, etc.
2. Ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
3. Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in personal and fiduciary matters
4. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, and staff. Provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
5. Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
6. Working knowledge of Excel and Word
7. Work occasionally requires more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements of this position. As such, it is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of job duties or responsibilities required in this job. Subject to firm needs, duties and responsibilities of this position may change at any time, on a temporary or permanent basis, and with or without notice.
Setting Up Files