To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
350 Hioaks Road
Richmond, VA 23225
- Hugh Sweeney
- Phone: 804-320-1412
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Retirement Unlimited • Richmond, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Towers is looking for cooks, both full and part time and differing shifts to prepare meals according to approved menus and recipes, taking into account special diet needs. The Towers provides full time benefits to include medical, dental, life insurance and 401K, we also have limited benefits for part time staff as well.
The cook will be expected to do the following, but not limited to:
Preparing and presenting menu items according to standard recipes.
Maintain a clean and orderly work area at all times, including floors.
Participates in weekly cleaning routines planned by the Executive Chef.
Observes good safety practices.
Making appropriate menu substitutions when certain food items are not available.
Will become familiar with specific requests of each resident. Must be alert to changes, as well as likes and dislikes.
Supervises dietary staff in the absence of the Executive Chef.
Directs and counsels staff as needed in absence of Executive Chef.
Assists in orienting new staff.
- Must have a basic understanding of other dietary positions.
- Must possess the ability to read, write and make simple calculations. Must be able to learn quickly and apply principles learned.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be experienced in food preparation, cooking and in estimating quantities of food needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of principles and requirements of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods and withstand temperature extremes, wet and/or humid conditions and noise.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and exert up to 25 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be in designated uniform during working hours.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be able to teach customer service skills to staff.