To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
88 Gold Ledge Avenue
Auburn, NH 03032
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Payroll Administrator -Gardiner, ME or Auburn, NH
Maine Drilling & Blasting • Auburn, NH
Posted 1 month ago
The Senior Payroll Administrator’s primary responsibilities are to oversee and manage the entire in-house payroll process. This includes processing payroll account transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, new hires, and taxes.Responsibilities
- Follow federal and state payroll laws and regulations
- Prepare reports for payroll and benefits, including MSHA, monthly reports to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Certified payroll reports, and monthly Union reports.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of 401(K) program, including quarterly match contributions, employee loan repayments and employee contribution changes.
- Work with internal administrators and employees on strategy and process improvement
- Verify new employee setups, make changes in Timberline Master File in coordination with HR
- Verify employee master file deductions, pays, certified class, job overtime rates
- Maintain accurate union benefits/fringe rates, Davis Bacon, federal and state tax rates
- Supervise the weekly processing and posting of payroll for all employees.
- Process and track travel advances, loan requests. and promissory notes
- Review and monitor the processing of weekly garnishments
- Review and monitor the weekly processing of federal 941 filings, state withholding tax payments, and other agency filings
- Quarterly reporting of FUTA, SUTA, 941, state withholdings; file electronically and paper
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience processing payroll as a sole responsibility
- 2+ years of experience managing multi-state payroll
- Understanding of state and federal payroll laws
- Experience with Davis Bacon and union related pay practices are preferred
- Intermediate MS Excel/Access database skills
- Familiarity with a payroll software or ERP system
- Associates Degree Business, Accounting or related is preferred