The Design Manager will work on an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of company with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
The qualified candidate must worked various Transportation Design Build projects as the area of focus is specifically transportation / infrastructure (not vertical) projects:
- 15 yrs of directly related experience in delivery of design-build and/or P3 projects in both the pre-and post-award phases.
- At least five of these years in the Project Manager/Design Manager position with project management responsibility on large complex multidisciplinary projects.
- Successful completion of management role in delivery of one or more projects in excess of $100 million in construction value.
- Directing and managing activities associated with multi-million-dollar Design Build transportation projects (highway and/or transit/rail) through pre- and post-award phases to deliver technical excellence and quality work in accordance with project schedules, scope and budgets as listed below.
- Pre-award work:
- Manage staff and activities for pursuits of significant size and complexity and develop staffing plans and schedules to meet the delivery schedule and task requirements.
- Lead and manage a team of company design engineers, estimators and subconsultants making up the pursuit team, and ensure they are prepared to execute and deliver pre-award work activity.
- Working closely with Business Line Management team to leverage existing relationships with sub-consultants and owners to facilitate positioning of company to win.
- Presents ideas in persuasive and compelling ways; gains support and buy-in without demanding it; influences others to desired course of action.
- Provide leadership and motivation for implementing innovative concepts to enhance opportunities for success both from a design and construction perspective.
- Participate in development and negotiation of teaming agreements between subconsultants ensuring that company protocols and standards for commercial and risk terms are achieved.
- Assist with preparation and review of SOQs and Proposals.
- Develop and manage the pursuit phase budget and schedule.
- Facilitate work planning activities, quality management, and risk/change management.
- Ensure that project controls measures are implemented.
- Conduct periodic project reviews to oversee and facilitate successful project delivery performance.
- Lead transition from pre-award to post-award work planning and resource scheduling.
- Post-award work:
- Lead and manage a team of company design engineers and subconsultants, and ensure they are prepared to execute and deliver.
- Manage the design team to ensure the scope is met while producing quality deliverables within the required schedule, managing risk/change, and the project budget while balancing impacts for the overall success of company.
- Plan, direct and supervise the activities of assigned personnel and provide and enforces proper delegation of management authority, responsibility and accountability.
- Assure that the project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost/schedule control to implement the approved design.
- Ensure that project controls measures are implemented to monitor and control the design, and monitor/control progress project management reviews.
- Lead integration of risk/change management processes.
- Develop action plans with timelines in order to implement strategy; involve others in the process, incorporating best ideas into the plan and gaining buy-in through effective communication.
- Interface and maintain relationships with the Owner, other company operating districts and design partners.
- Bring a “best practice” mindset with an eye to constant improvement and quality in delivery of work product.
- Mentoring and developing technical capabilities of mid-level and junior staff.
Coaching And Mentoring
Link Aggregation (Ethernet)