Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education /Experience Skills: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of educational experience.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Communicates internally with operations and dock supervisor.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units or measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Forklift driver qualification.
- Hazardous Material Training.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to display good judgment in solving problems and dealing with a variety of personalities where only limited structure exists.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and smell. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities include color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving vehicles, outside weather conditions and vibrations. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high precarious places and extreme temperatures. The noise level in the work area is usually moderate to high.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.