NGK Spark Plugs is now hiring for a Warehouse Manager based in our Irvine, CA facility. This newly created position will report to our General Manager of Supply Chain (also based in Irvine), and will manage all distribution functions for the Irvine location including shipping, receiving, inventory management, warehousing, logistics, and safety functions. NGK is an extremely stable and well known brand within the automotive industry for over 80 years! We are truly a global leader in the spark plug and sensor areas, with strong potential for growth moving forward.
- Manage the daily operations activity for all inbound, outbound and floor operations.
- Facilitate adequate manpower, including temporary personnel, to effectively meet operational and budgetary goals.
- Create and implement work processes and training for the warehouse associates.
- Ensure warehouse policies as defined in the following are adhered to by all associates: Quality System, 5S, kaizen, Quality Circle, and Safety.
- Meet or exceed all KPIs to include 24 Hour Performance, Order Accuracy, Fill Rate, Budget Adherence, and other assigned performance criteria.
- PEM contracts for equipment as required.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to all company polices and procedures, including policies related to IATF16949 and ISO14000
- Perform all job-related tasks as assigned by the manager.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential based on performance
- Medical, dental, vision, life, tuition reimbursment, etc.
- 401k with company match
- Generous paid holiday/vacation package
- 5-7 years’ experience in warehousing and logistics
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising, managing, and leading a team
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree in logistics, supply chain management or related field (preferred)
- Excellent organizational, planning, and administrative skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Proficient written & verbal English language communication skills, and proven ability to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to manage and direct others
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong business math skills
- OSHA Certification Preferred
- Experience working in a warehouse management system, SAP preferred.
- Posses a valid driver’s license
Quality Management Systems
Iso 14000 Standard
Supply Chain Management