Liberty Bank for Savings
Tellers – FT (Floating)
Come Join Our Family!
Liberty Bank for Savings has been in service to its communities for over 120 years! With five branch offices located on the north and northwest side of Chicago, we are currently looking for professional, client-minded, highly motivated, detail oriented and well-organized individuals who can join our fast-paced and community focused environment.
The Floating Bank Teller role involves processing customer transactions in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and customer service standards. Tellers also identify opportunities to cross-sell and to refer customers to appropriate staff members for product or servicing needs. The Floating Teller must also be open, flexible and available for a varying weekly schedule, and to be able to travel and work in any of Liberty Bank’s five branch locations (Milwaukee/Fullerton, Milwaukee/Devon, Harlem/Foster, Park Ridge and Lincolnwood). Great opportunity to be successful and grow with a well-established Chicago area financial institution!
Performs all teller transactions and functions, such as deposits, withdrawals, official checks, etc., in accordance with established Bank procedures. Diligent in obtaining all required identification, signature(s), and approvals as specified in operating standards.
● Conducts all external and internal customer transactions in a professional, friendly, accurate, efficient and courteous manner as guided by the Bank’s customer service standards.
● Maintains cash drawer in compliance with Bank policy adhering to authorized fund limits. Balances cash drawer daily, resolves balancing issues, and communicates balancing discrepancies to management.
● Identifies product/service opportunities to refer customers to appropriate staff members or departments; inquire and ensure customers’ financial needs are identified and addressed or directed appropriately.
● Develop and maintain a level of product knowledge enabling the effective handling of customer inquiries.
● Performs related branch tasks, such as ATM balancing, vault balancing, night drop procedures, Safe Deposit department functions, etc.
● Performs other administrative and tasks as assigned.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● One year of prior Bank Teller experience, or, two years prior work experience that involves cash handling and customer service. Referral and/or sales experience also highly desirable.
Excellent customer service attributes, which includes good listening and communication skills, and the ability to read and adjust to different types of customers and their needs.
Good math aptitude and attention to detail; ability to learn, comprehend and execute procedural tasks effectively and efficiently.
Good organization skills and follow-through on tasks throughout a given work day.
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced customer service environment and conduct all tasks consistently, effectively and professionally throughout the workday.
Ability to operate a PC and keyboard, email and other standard office and teller line equipment.
Must be able to stand for several hours at a time, and have the ability to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
Must be able and flexible to travel to all branch locations as needed, occasionally within the same workday.
Liberty Bank for Savings is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities).
A comprehensive benefits package offered for Full-time positions, including medical, dental and vision coverage, Life/STD/LTD plans, Flexible Spending Account, 401k+Profit Sharing Plan, Pension Plan, paid vacation, sick time and holidays. For more information on our branch locations, visit us online at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Bank Teller - Full Time . To apply for this position, please email your resume and salary requirements to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Bank Teller - Full Time