My client, a leading general contractor specializing in commercial construction, is searching for a Superintendent for their Indianapolis, IN office. The company has a reputation of building with integrity and excellence on every project. They have the resources and expertise to respond to the infrastructure needs safely and within budget.
In this position you will:
- Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels
- Overseeing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation
- Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations
- Supervising and developing Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers and/or interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals
- Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues
- Investigating and resolving such issues
- Managing the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents
My client has a strong reputation of hiring the best people, giving them exceptional training and providing them with the opportunities and responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop. They value and recognize their employees to their lasting success. They invest greatly in the personal and professional well being of their people.
This position will not be around for long as my client is very motivated to hire. If you are interested in this position please send your resume to URL blocked - click to apply. Qualified applicants will be contacted within 24 hours.
To qualify for this position you must have the following background:
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural
- 15+ years of experience as a Superintendent with a general contractor
- Experience in ground up construction
- Must have large project experience ($35m+)
- Experience in mixed use, hospitality, higher ed housing or laboratory (life sciences) are ideal