Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Here it is! We seek the talent of a dynamic champion of human capital management with prior experience as a solid HR generalist having been a practitioner in all HR areas from compensation / benefits to employee relations / talent retention. If this is you, you’ll bring your “A” game to a collaborative team of talented professionals who bring their best every day to a company that has best-in-class operations and an aggressive growth strategy. Yes, we’re dynamic and we know it. Come join a world class team.
Let’s Unpack This – Who are we?
We are Munch's Supply, the leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies servicing the Chicago, Northwest Indiana and Michigan markets at 12 branch locations. But that’s not all - Through acquisition, we also operate in 6 more Midwestern states through the O’Connor Company. And, if that’s not enough, we most recently added the Tommark brand in Michigan last year with 5 more branches. We’re on a roll, and there’s no stopping us now.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Our Human Resources Manager is responsible for the administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function for the company. The HR Mgr performs human resources duties on a professional level and works closely with other HR team members, a highly collaborative and dynamic team. Together, they successfully maintain the objectives of the department in carrying forth a legally compliant, ethical, and safe work environment committed to the goals of the company as business partners. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, orientation, training, talent acquisition, performance management, record retention, incentive planning, compensation, unemployment / legal claims, employee relations, and policy & procedure administration. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Mgr assists in the safe and legal compliance and administration of company policies and practices in full compliance to local, State, and Federal laws across several states. This position is based at our corporate offices located in HILLSIDE, IL, conveniently located just off I-290 on Mannheim Rd.
Preferred Job Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience with human resources and related functions. SHRM certification a plus.
- Prior Human Resources management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or a related field
- High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and commitment to safety.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as needed – Solar Eclipse, etc.
- Aptitude for mathematical operations and numerical analysis.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily.
- Must be able to work independently and at times discreetly, use sound judgment, and make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate well interpersonally, written, and in group settings as well as have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work effectively in group settings through collaborative, solutions oriented, and win-win approaches.
- Must be able to understand and abide by company policies and procedures.
- Minimum keyboarding skills of 40 words per minute.
Visit us at www.munchsupply.com