Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Auditing Associate to join our General Office team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitates day-to-day planning activities for internal audit engagement planning, including but not limited to preparing and reviewing of case record lists; leading planning calls with key stakeholders; identifying and analyzing risks and critical processes; monitoring the status of the audit plan implementation; and providing feedback to management.
- Work with Associate Director and Program Leadership in developing and/or reviewing detailed auditing activities and tailoring to each audit to ensure audit objectives are accomplished.
- Communicate assigned tasks and issues related to auditing process and results to appropriate staff in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
- Perform audit fieldwork for assigned areas such as interviewing management and staff to understand key processes; planning, performing and documenting testing; aggregating findings; completion of review of case files and electronic files; reviewing flowcharts, work papers and control evaluations from staff/associates; and ensuring timely completion.
- Prepare and communicate audit findings to management highlighting areas of concern or risk and areas of exemplary practice.
- Prepare the Draft Audit Report, keeping Associate Director up to date as to the status of the draft audit report and ensures internal deadlines are met.
- Stay abreast of COA standards and communicate in a timely way changes in required processes and protocols.
- Lead special CQI and utilization management projects to assist management with achieving their objectives.
- Work with management to support the department’s data analytics efforts by performing data gathering, analysis and reporting of results in key areas to audit department and internal clients.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Quality and Outcomes department.
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with peers and internal colleagues.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly in individual and group sessions with key stakeholders.
- Supervises interns in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures agency’s use of up-to-date and state-of-the-art auditing and review methods to support the attainment of agency goals.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years of increasing experience in behavioral sciences or clinical service with prior experience in quality assurance functions desired.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in areas of quality improvement, training and evaluation.
- Computer and technical skills sufficient to perform above responsibilities and train others in those skills including Excel, database creation such as Redcap, SPSS or Access.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team setting.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills with disciplined approach to details and the ability to see the big picture.
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network