Iris Software, Inc. is a New Jersey based information technology organization providing IT solutions and professional services to clients nationwide. In a competitive industry, we distinguish ourselves by reliability, technical expertise and a history of successfully completed projects.
Iris provides both IT professional services and solutions (onsite/offshore) services to its customer base of large companies in financial services, insurance, brokerage and the Life Sciences industry. Iris Software employs highly talented technology and domain experts to serve its customers. We are strategic technology partners to over 25 Fortune 500 companies with long-standing relationships and a preferred-partner status with many of our clients. Iris does work for a number of Wall Street and Fortune 500 clients such as KPMG, Education Testing Services, Prudential, Johnson & Johnson, Royal Bank of Canada, Citigroup, Lord Abbett, Barclays Capital, TD Ameritrade and a host of other corporations.
Iris is looking to augment its solution delivery team with a technical individual that can present Iris’ services portfolio to existing and future clients.
Account development: Assist the sales team by projecting Iris’ services portfolio and participating in activities that generate leads and opportunities with prospects and customers.
Solution Delivery capabilities: Software estimation, architecting solutions, assessing and defining project scope, and developing proposals in response to bid requests.
Solution development: Assist the sales team by defining solutions, preparing project collateral, overseeing solution development, etc.
Practice Management: Assist team members with defining and collecting project metrics, developing project best practices, defining and measuring project risks, etc.
Transition management: Contribute in defining and assisting customers and Iris teams through the transition and execution of a project by developing / reviewing project blueprints, transition plans, etc. and providing assistance to the delivery team through the take-on process with the customer.
Edison, New Jersey (Outstation Travel within US and Canada expected 20% of the time; else at office or at Clients in the geographic area.)
Director – Solution Delivery
Vice President – Practice and Solution Delivery
15 – 20 years of experience w.r.t. Solution Delivery and Consulting in organizations delivering software development services in a global context.
- Must have at least 5 - 7 years of experience in software technical / delivery roles.
- Must have 3 – 5 years of experience in some of the industries that Iris focusses on such as Life Sciences and Supply Chain industries.
- Proven experience in solution selling and practice management.
- Experience of working with offshore software execution teams.
- Software Industry Experience
- Software development lifecycle experience on popular development platforms – AWS, Azure, .Net, Java, iOS, Android.
- Depth in software engineering principles e.g. Agile development, Software development methodologies, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Software components – Databases, frameworks, IDEs, etc.
- Understanding of software architecture
- Deep understanding of software organizations and roles
- Knowledge of emerging trends – Digital, Social, Cloud, Mobile, Automation, DevOps, Data/Analytics, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in working with offshore teams
- Industry Experience
- Required - Good experience and exposure in some of the industries that Iris focusses on such as Life Sciences (Pharma, Medical Device, Healthcare), Supply Chain (Manufacturing, Distribution, Logistics), and Technology companies.
- The candidate must demonstrate a progressive set of experiences e.g. developer, technical lead, solution architect, project manager, etc. against a software development lifecycle context.
- Ability to interact with, report out and make recommendations to executive level steering committee
- Should have excellent client interaction and presentation skills
- Excellent English communication both written and verbal
- Excellent thought leadership is required
- Should be capable to be a Mentor in building teams and enhance technical skills for the team.
- Should be extremely good at internal and external stakeholder management
Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in a Software discipline and/or MBA is a plus.
Our attractive compensation plan includes base salary plus commissions. We offer all standard benefits including medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Short Term and Long Term Disability and Life insurance coverage, 401k and vacation.
Self-driven and motivated to achieve success. Must have excellent inter-personal skills.
As a growth path within the organization, Iris will offer a career path in project services and solution sales to the individual.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Iris reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
IRIS (www.irissoftinc.com) is an IT software services organization providing its customers with h Iris Software is a professional software services organization offering high-quality solutions to businesses. It services the information technology requirements of companies ranging from the Fortune to medium-sized firms by utilizing specialized domain knowledge, best-of-breed technologies, rapidly deployable proprietary frameworks/solutions and flexible engagement models.
Founded in 1991, Iris is headquartered in Edison, New Jersey and employs highly talented professionals and domain experts. We are strategic partners with over 25 Fortune 100 companies and our consistent striving for high customer satisfaction has translated into long-standing relationships and a preferred partner status with many of our customers
We have the knowledge to understand our customer’s problems, expertise to think of the best solution and skills to deliver these solutions to help our clients respond efficiently to the ever-growing needs of their businesses