To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Queens, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, a nationwide provider of aeronautic equipment support & maintenance, has an immediate need for an experienced Mechanical Supervisor to join our growing team in Queens, New York.
Our candidate of choice will be coordinate the activities of personnel engaged in meeting or exceeding the delivery of service mandated by the company, customer and contractual requirements.
- Highly motivated individual that can supervise and motivate operational personnel.
- Provides technical guidance as required.
- Ensures work is progressing according to contract requirements and in compliance with established standards related to safety, security and other personnel related matters.
- Trains and mentors’ employees in performance of their assigned duties.
- Assist General Manager, evaluate performance standards of assigned employees.
- Coordinates activities of staff and customers relative to specification changes, modifications, and quality assurance.
- Monitors adherence to good housekeeping, safety regulations and takes appropriate corrective actions to correct unsafe work practices or hazardous situations.
- Performs other duties, which may be deemed necessary by management
- Ability to twist, turn, stoop, bend, reach and grip during tour of duty.
- Ability to lift 45 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk during tour of duty.
- Ability to drive cargo handling equipment/jet bridges and/or operate conveyor systems (if applicable).
- Ability to handle stress.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Electrical training and experience in an industrial environment
- Proven ability to manage and motivate personnel
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays ie. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and days off.
- Ability to read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Flexible work schedule for 24/7 operations
- Valid Driver’s License
Please apply today to be one of the first candidates considered for the role!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!