To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
901 West Linden Avenue
Linden, NJ 07036
- Toye Hart
- Phone: 973-795-8352
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Blue Apron • Linden, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
THIS IS BLUE APRON
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone—from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
We’re looking for a Food Sanitation Supervisor to oversee and supervise the sanitation team in our Linden, NJ fulfillment center!
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Oversee, and supervise a team of sanitation technicians.
- Train sanitation technicians with the intent of developing their individual skills while improving efficiency.
- Be able to identify the scope of work, and ensure completion of all tasks to standard.
- Proactively identify areas needing additional focus, that need to be addressed or adjusted with respect to the MSS (Master Sanitation Schedule).
- Familiar with testing utilized to determine effectiveness of Sanitation and ability to utilize that data to better ensure cleanliness to a micro level (ATPs, APCs and Environmental swabbing).
- Appropriate techniques upon receipt of positive Environmental swabbing of food preparation surfaces, equipment & utensils, and infrastructure.
- Performs food sanitation/ hygiene safety evaluations.
- Assesses the work place for health hazards by observing work conditions, assessing records, conducting interviews, sampling products, and monitoring chemical or physical agents.
- Advises and provides technical guidance and information to workplace managers and staff, regarding sanitation safety and health issues.
- Evaluates and measures the factories compliance.
- Administers Sanitation training safety and health training/chemical and appropriate titration training.
- Responsible for ensuring those high standards of hygiene/sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the production areas to meet the required standards of practice prescribed by the Environmental Health Agencies.
- Sanitation experience in a food facility, to include chemical handling and titration.
- Must have hands-on experience with building a master sanitation schedule.
- Knowledgeable in creating SSOP and carry out all risk assessments involved.
- Ability to create SSOPs, based on equipment and infrastructure.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- 5+ years of sanitation experience in a food sanitation.
- GFSI/AIB/HACCP Certification preferred!
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment (10°-40°)
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.