A full-time, outside sales position responsible for seeking and developing relationships for new business sources both internally and externally. Meet with and interview prospective customers, brokers, NHCs, and other referral sources at homebuilding communities or other convenient locations to collect and analyze customer financial information, advise customers on the risks and benefits of various mortgage products, and help select the appropriate loan program within Eagle roadmap. Obtain loan applications from customers and work with them to achieve loan approval.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Company’s growth through outside sales activities and lead generation.
• Meet with referral sources and prospective customers in many different settings to develop relationships within the community, market the Company’s products and services, and generate business for the Company.
• Travel to various communities, realtors’ offices, and other appropriate locations on a regular basis (at least weekly) to solicit new business and/or leads from home builders and realtors.
• Conduct “First Time Homebuyer Seminars” in communities on a regular basis to develop leads and build relationships with New Home Consultants and prospective/current homebuyers.
• Travel to and participate in builder and realtor functions, status meetings, phase releases, phone banks, special events, etc., to develop and maintain relationships and customer service.
• Travel to various communities and other appropriate locations to meet with prospective/current customers, explain the Company’s offerings, obtain loan applications and other required documents, and attend closings as necessary.
• Manage own schedule to include significant time each week meeting in person with New Home Consultants, realtors, other referral sources, and prospective/current customers, at locations convenient to them.
• Review leads daily and contact prospective customers via telephone and email to set up in-person meetings and obtain a loan application.
• Track dates, times, and locations of meetings with referral sources and prospective customers to monitor and evaluate sales progress.
• Set up and conduct in-person meetings with customers, at a location convenient to them, to secure a complete loan applications within five days of the purchase agreement.
• Originate and prepare new loans in accordance with the “Loan Officer” agreement, signed at the time of employment, to ensure all loans meet the guidelines of the Products and Policies manual for upfront submission.
• Advise and recommend to the customer regarding the various mortgage loan products based on the customer’s individual needs.
• Recommend to customers the appropriate mortgage loan product to best fit the customer’s financial and individual needs.
• Review interest rates as needed and lock all loans with the borrowers in accordance with the Secondary Marketing Pricing and Rate Lock Policies and Procedures manual, at least fifteen days prior to closing.
• Be accessible to customers and associates and return calls in the same day.
• Build rapport with and maintain open lines of communication with prospective/current customers, builders, New Home Consultants, realtors, and processors and provide outstanding customer service.
• Provide assistance to New Home Consultants on pre-qualifications of customers to develop a pipeline for outside sales; provide status of loans as required.
• Complete pre-qualifications of customers as needed in relation to outside sales functions.
• Meet or exceed closed loan capture rate, spot loan objectives for the division, and/or other established sales goals as determined by the Division Manager and based on annual business plan.
• Maintain reports and notes within origination computer system regarding own prospects and customers to ensure complete exchange of information regarding loan application, loan status, conversations with customers, underwriting, lock in information, monthly projected closings, incentive, and expense reports.
• Participate in weekly “Pipeline” meetings with processor(s) or phone calls as required with full working knowledge of each file. Assist loan processing and closing departments to facilitate accurate and expeditious processing and closing of loans.
• Provide cash to closing information to New Home Consultants as requested.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• One to two years as a Loan Officer or a Loan Officer Associate
• General mortgage banking background, including knowledge of lock procedures
• Ability to maintain flexible work schedule, including evening and weekend work
• Strong computer background with 1 to 2 years experience in mortgage software
• Four-year college degree (preferred)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong advisory and customer service abilities
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical capabilities
• Strong work ethic
• General office skills - ability to answer and coordinate telephone calls, take written messages, and perform light bookkeeping
• Ability to study material independently
• Ability to drive motor vehicle
• Valid driver’s license
• Dependable transportation
• NMLS License & specific State license and bond requirements and required training
Regular interaction (including face-to-face meetings) with Home Building Division staff and management, sales associates, prospective homebuyers, lender representatives, North American Title Associates, and Mortgage Division staff.
• Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, fax machines, copier, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
• Must have positive attitude, work well under pressure, and be a team player
• Must possess professional attitude to represent Company in a positive manner
• Interact well with co-workers
• Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
• Accept constructive criticism
• Work weekends and evenings as needed