This opportunity is with a large and growing accounting and finance team in Indianapolis. There is significant opportunity for individual advancement within the department and company. They have a team-oriented culture and really provide employees with a sense of value, by offering the tools necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
· The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all accounting processes and procedures for this organization's largest client contract
· The Senior Accountant will compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries to be posted to general ledger accounts
· Prepares monthly financial package for corporate management team as well as other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
· Responsible for Cash Management and wire transfers for up to 4 bank accounts adhering to all funding requirements
· The Senior Accountant will also handle other month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
Ø Corporate GL Accounting experience in a fast-paced environment
Ø Attention to detail and able to work within strict deadlines month to month
Ø Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ø Solid computer skills including advanced MS Excel
Standard Accounting Practices