Established in 2016, Groundworks is the nation's leading and largest foundation services provider specializing in foundation repair, crawl space encapsulation, basement waterproofing, and concrete lifting. Together, our team of determined professionals defines who and what Groundworks is. Through our culture and collaboration, our employees can genuinely feel that they are a part of something greater than themselves as we strive to be the nation's leading and largest foundation repair company.
As a Groundworks company, not only are we able to deliver the best possible service to our customers with the support of a national brand, we are also able to give our team the best potential opportunities to grow and develop professionally. We are driven in the pursuit of improvement - for our customers, for our employees, for their families. We operate throughout the United States with over 20 different branch locations, allowing our employees the ability to have national employment opportunities.
Our intent and beliefs are pure. We exist to provide a better future for both our industry and the dedicated men and women who proudly wake up every day to help repair, protect, and improve our customer's greatest asset - their home.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in front-end UI/UX development and programming and will be able to make a meaningful contribution from day one. You will be comfortable working with team members of all levels and departments within the organization. You will be willing to share your opinions and insights with business leaders to affect decision making and technical solutions. You will be challenged daily to solve problems in a new and creative way as we continually add new brands, scale our existing properties, and explore new services for the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Work enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with CMO, Director of Digital, SEO Director, internal team members, and external resources in order to design, develop, and/or apply provided concepts into world-class website interfaces, website experiences, and website assets that meet business objectives and drive growth.
· Acquire knowledge of business objectives and the home service lead gen user experience in order to maintain and develop high-quality customer engagements across all platforms and digital properties for the Groundworks portfolio.
· Design and generate front-end treatments, WordPress themes, and plugins.
· Optimize, expand, and maintain the website back-end, including database and server integration.
· Troubleshoot integration and content issues.
· Work with the SEO Director to conduct website technical SEO and performance tests, and conduct optimizations to improve ranking and conversions results through A/B and multi-variant testing.
· Coordinate workflows with internal subject matter experts, external consultants, and third-party partners to ensure flawless design and execution of best in class website and content automation efforts.
· Proactively improve efficiencies and optimize the delivery of project resources to maximize implementation processes and timelines.
· In coordination with the CMO, Director of Digital, SEO Director, identify resource capacity and manage project priorities based on business objectives.
· Conduct WordPress training with internal teammates.
- At least a few years of web development experience under your belt
- Experience with WordPress framework theme building and plugin development
- Ability to extend Wordpress through code rather than downloading plugins
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members and clients
- A fast learner, confident that if you don't know the answer to a technical question, you can find it
- Detail-oriented and take pride in the quality of your work
- Excited about actively collaborating with graphic designers, writers, and other creative professionals on cross-functional teams
- At least two years' experience with building WordPress themes and WordPress plugin development
- Confidence working with APIs (including WP), transients, ETL
- Ability to write clean code and follow coding standards
- Strong understanding of UI/UX components to maximize conversions
- Exceptional, pixel-perfect attention to detail
Additional Skills a Plus:
· WordPress Plugin Development: 2 years (required)
· PHP: 2 years (required)
· MySQL: 1 year (required)
· HTML: 1 year (required)
· CSS: 1 year (required)
Use Front End Technology