URL blocked - click to applyDiesel Technician / Mechanic
Are you excited to work with a company that will reward your hard work and dedication? Are you looking for a company that provides education and opportunities for career growth and personal development? At TravelCenters (TA/Petro/TA-Express), we provide you with the tools and training you need to be successful and grow within our industry leading truck service team.
We are now looking for a Diesel Technician to join our team! Our Truck Service team is comprised of nearly 3,000 highly skilled technicians and spans coast to coast. With over 225 locations across the country, TA Truck Service has a solid foundation and a forward thinking vision. As a Diesel Mechanic, you will provide accurate, efficient service to customers by troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing heavy duty trucks and trailers in a reasonable and responsible manner within company and industry standards.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work in a fun, trusting environment focused on providing great service where the expectations of the customer are exceeded
- Perform diagnostic testing and interpret results; Develop a repair plan and communicate it to the Service Advisor
- Repairing malfunctioning parts and other mechanical or electrical equipment; Complete repairs safely, effectively and efficiently
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Recommends other TA services with customer as part of inspection review process
- Maintain the safety of both our customers and employees
With us, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive wages and incentive program
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- On-site meal discounts
- Tuition reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- DOL Diesel Technician Apprenticeship Program
- A wide variety of discounts on technology, travel, food and fuel
- Opportunity for growth and advancement with company paid training
This job description does not list all duties for this position. TA Operating LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States required.
What we’d like to see:
- A dedicated individual who works well with others and is excited to be part of our team!
- High School Diploma or GED; Graduate of acceptable trade school or manufacturer’s technical school, or previous mechanic experience
- Willingness to expand professional knowledge via education and training programs
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and some holidays in interior and exterior conditions
- Meet the requirements for the needed physical tasks with or without accommodation
- Investment in own tools
Portable Appliance Testing