We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer, for our direct client at Washington, DC .Senior Under indirect supervision, the Desktop Support Engineer, Senior's role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the Regional Network Enterprise Center, National Capital Region (RNEC-Client) desktop computing and mission server environments. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment (including but not limited to servers, PCs, laptops, printers, scanners and BlackBerries) to ensure optimal performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide direct end user assistance where required.
Responsibilities: Top Secret Clearance required for this position.
- Provide leadership to the Local Support Group and communicate with the government Branch Chief to ensure seamles operations
- Desktop Support Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware, Windows 10 OS, Office 2013 and other authorized desktop applications and peripheral equipment.
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers, and any other authorized peripheral equipment unless prohibited by existing customer warranties.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to client personal computers (PCs) or laptops that have authorized access to the network.
- Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems, and support requests.
- Remediate issues that are beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment escalated to Tier 3 by the Desktop Support Engineer Intermediates and Juniors.
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices and established processes and procedures to ensure smooth transitions of issues and minimize resolution/restoration time for clients.
- Operational Troubleshoot hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the service desk.
- Provide user data and application recovery.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with servers, network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software.
- Use approved tools and methodologies to image, copy and configure systems for deployment.
- Familiarize and train end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation.
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems (tickets) assigned.
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to achieve resolution as needed.
- Operate within and enforce the rigorous application of Army Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the resolution of escalated issues.
- Correctly record work requests using the Remedy Ticketing system.
- Develop sound understanding of Information Technology (IT) operations, related applications, and IT systems, as well as business-related processes and procedures.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of approved operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support.
- Maintain and consistently demonstrate a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
- Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services; is committed to quality deliverables.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations and resolve issues.
- DoD Level I Information Assurance Technical (IA) (Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following) Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
- CompTIA A+ CE
- CompTIA NETWORK+ CE
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or CCNA Security
- Successful completion of one of the following Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate exams:
- Configuring Windows Devices (70-697)
- Installing and Configuring Windows 10 (70-698)
- Seven (7) to twelve (12) years of experience providing collaborative computing implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support.
- Expert technical knowledge of desktop hardware.
- Authoritative knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards Operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Software and hardware troubleshooting Windows 10 operation and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2013.
- Planning, organizing, facilitation and communications skills.
- Function effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Manage time efficiently, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls.
- Maintain professional demeanor under stress.
- Operate within customer standard operating procedures.
- Support and administration of SIPRNet.
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required
- Diploma from a technical or vocational school or have acquired equivalent military/DoD training
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
No phone calls or third party resumes, please.
Candidates with financial industry experience are preferred. Candidates who are local to the area are preferred. No relocation assistance is provided. Candidates may be required to attend an in-person interview at their own expense. Please make sure you are a good fit for this position.
Server (Computer Science)