Carrier Corporation is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
As part of Carrier Digital transformation, we are looking for a dynamic individual to work in the HR technology ecosystem within the Digital organization. The individual will lead the digital solution architecture for Carrier’s Corporate HR Systems, with a hands-on style in partnership with various HR teams and core functions such as Human Capital Management, Workforce Planning, Recruiting, Talent Management, and Compensation. You have experience in HR business processes and platforms including Workday, with technical roles related to HR System implementations demonstrating internal and external resources in a large multinational corporation or in other complex environments. This role will consult as a solution architect in an Agile team framework to enable our transformation journey.
Essential Job Functions:
- You will serve as a key member of the Digital Technology team participating in the Carrier Separation Program. Support HR digital projects, acting as a solution architect and working with our HR leads, Technical Product Managers, corporate and business unit teams and third parties, to orchestrate digital systems architecture.
- Partner with Corporate teams for a successful separation effort e.g. supporting TSA exit objectives, clone and cleanse environments, designing integrations with existing systems, partnering with Carrier Functional and Digital teams to ensure efficient transition and steady state operations.
- You will perform as the Solution Architect for HR technologies supporting digital transformation projects in order to meet or exceed customer requirements, ultimately ensuring success as defined by our business partners.
- You'll drive innovation within the HR function via business systems and process transformation.
- Partner with vendors and system providers to assess platform capabilities and find opportunities for cost savings, productivity, process streamlining, simplification and improved user experience (high availability, migration to cloud, real time transparency, etc.).
- Support the overall Carrier HR transformation goals, including shared services enablement, next generation Human Capital Management, Workforce Planning, Recruiting, Talent Management, and Compensation, and process simplification/optimization across the board.
- You will drive the design and assist in the documentation of business processes and solutions based on customer needs, data analysis, user stories, and stakeholder feedback
- Develop peer, multi-functional and intercompany relationships to use best practices, improve solution quality, and drive user adoption.
- Support communication plans for timelines and change management activities related to enterprise application projects.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field with 8+ years of experience.
- Master's degree is a plus.
- Experience crafting solutions in Workday, ServiceNow or equivalent systems including Cloud (SaaS) solutions
- Experience with HR and/or other Corporate system implementations (e.g. Human Resource Management) and comfortable making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines.
- Deep understanding and technical capability for system design and business strategy, and ability to translate strategy into viable technology solutions.
- Results driven with an ability to drive new and creative solutions in alignment to the organizations / functions strategy.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners is essential, including senior executives.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills are essential with proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Knowledgeable in Agile, Waterfall, and DevOps methodologies
- Demonstrates leadership, collaboration, hands-on approach, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, matrixed company
- International experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.