- Responsible to complete Admission Paperwork for all TCU Guests including updating face sheet demographic information initially and ongoing.
- The Social Worker identifies the need for medically related social services and assist with the provision of the services.
- Identify the Psycho-social and emotional needs of patients and assist with implementing services to address the identified needs.
- Coordinate assigned resident case load and charting.
- Assists with coordination of discharge planning in conjunction with the IDT, Patients and their representatives.
- Schedule, notify guests and participate in resident care conferences/special meetings with the multi-disciplinary team and provide necessary psycho-social information specific to each resident. Complete MDS interviews as assigned. Complete social services portion of MDS Assessments as required.
- Formulate, record and update care plans as needed.
- Coordinate room transfers from TCU to LTC as needed involving IDT allowing for smooth transition.
- Maintain a positive working environment with the IDT team.
- Maintain a positive relationship with referring and discharge locations including out Catholic Eldercare Inc. partners.
- Maintain current knowledge of government regulations and community, public and private services directly related to the financial and psycho-social needs of residents (health insurance Medical Assistance, PAS, ACG programs, etc.)
- Respond to guest/family/staff concerns using discretion, confidentiality and judgment to involve all necessary persons and coordinate special care conferences when deemed necessary
- Advocate for residents’ rights.
- Catholic Eldercare is committed to recognition and effective management of each resident’s pain and suffering. Every employee (within the scope of their position) is responsible to seek relief for any resident observed to be in pain (physical, spiritual or otherwise) through therapeutic intervention (hand holding, physical touch, acknowledgement of discomfort) and reporting the discomfort to the appropriate staff.
- Perform all duties in a manner that is consistent with quality standards, infection control, and safety measures, which includes using Standard Precautions, at all times.
- Participate in in-service programs, mandatory training, and attend meetings in the interest of improving skills, acquiring knowledge, and meeting state and federal regulations.
- Remain current on tuberculosis screening.
- Work as a team member and adapt to changes in work assignments to meet resident and/or staffing needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Social Worker licensed by the Minnesota Board of Social Work
- Experience in a Transitional Care Unit or Nursing Home preferred
At Catholic Eldercare, we offer a range of benefits including educational scholarship opportunities, health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, retirement savings and great work/life balance.
If you are a compassionate and professional individual looking to make a difference in the lives of others while maintaining a flexible schedule, we would love to hear from you. For immediate consideration, submit your application today!
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 757
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Located in the heart of the tree-lined neighborhoods of Northeast Minneapolis, Catholic Eldercare’s community of senior residences offers older adults inviting opportunities to live life to the fullest. Whether the need is for skilled nursing care, independent living, assisted living, Adult Day Program and Adult Day Program with Memory Care, or other services, our Catholic housing options offer comfort and security to fit your needs.
Catholic Eldercare offers a caring, community atmosphere for elders of all faiths, where they receive the support, respect, and spiritual enrichment they need. For over 35 years, Catholic Eldercare has been providing affordable elder housing and care. Every resident has ready access to whatever level of care services they require, and can enjoy a friendly, comfortable setting.
Catholic Eldercare is proud to provide our continuum of care, including the finest nursing homes in Minneapolis, independent living facilities, assisted living, our senior day care programs, memory care, rehabilitation services, and more.
View the full profile