Cadia Healthcare of Hagerstown, a 70+-bed facility, is looking for a passionate and knowledgeable professional to join our dedicated team as a RN MDS Coordinator. Cadia Healthcare stands out as one of the most comprehensive providers of care in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Our unique ability to offer skilled nursing, rehabilitation, physician medicine, mobile imaging, and dialysis, along with pharmacy services allows us to stand out among our competitors.
As passionate as we about the care we provide, we are just as passionate about our employees. We provide a dynamic work environment, while investing in our employees to promote their career growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in audits of records on in-house residents on a weekly basis according to established criteria to assure completeness, accuracy and compliance with state and federal regulations
- Finalizing discharged medical records on a regular basis
- Participates in data collection for the facility, including retrieval of clinical records as requested by Medicaid reviews, State surveyors, and administrative requests for other studies. Responds to all requests for medical records copies and provides copies in accordance with state and federal laws. Maintains log of requests.
- Assists in reviewing all records to assure ICD10-CM coding is complete and accurate. Performs any miscellaneous work assignments as may be required. Records completion, transmission, filing of medical record while observing HIPPA regulation
- Performs all MDS assessments related to nursing and ensure completion of the MDS by other disciplines within timeframes per regulatory requirements.
- Maintain RAI process in compliance for facility, including scheduling and completing MDS care plan meeting scheduling
- Month end MA & MCA billing review and collection
- Makes independent decisions pertaining to the MDS Department without supervision from immediate supervisor. Uses discretion and independent judgment as it relates to the MDS Department in a timely and efficient manner.
We offer competitive wages and benefits package, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan.
Required experience: experience in MDS: 1 year ; Long-term Care: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications: Current MD RN License
Nursing Home Care
Long Term Care