To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
342 Linden Creek Road
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Profesional (Counselor II)
Southwood Psychiatric Hospital • Canonsburg, PA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The position provides structural family therapy, case management services, and family support services to children/adolescents and their families in the Washington, Fayette, Greene, and Beaver County areas. Responsibilities include traveling to the client---s homes and providing individual therapy to children and adolescents; engaging parents or caregivers in structural family therapy; coordinating additional services for consumers and their families; coordinating and supervising the intake, assessment, treatment planning, treatment review, discharge planning and continuity of care processes; and providing crisis intervention services.
Unit Specific Performance Objectives
1. Serves as the "Lead Therapist" for the "Team" consisting minimally of a Mental Health Professional and a Mental Health Worker assigned to the consumer and his/her family. Accountable to the Program Manager for the treatment provided by the Team to the consumer and his/her family.
2. Assists Program Manager in supervising other members of the Team.
3.Directs and provides family-based therapy to assigned consumers and families using primarily the "structural family therapy" model of systemic intervention through sessions with individuals, family subsystems, or involved collaterals.
4.Employs additional treatment interventions including psychoeducational therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, recreational therapy, parent skill training, assertiveness training, modeling, coping skills training, and crisis intervention.
5.Assists consumers and families build working relationships with key providers in the larger community, educational and social services systems. Works with other service providers to arrange and/or coordinate family support services required by assigned consumers and families.
6.Engages the consumer and his/her family in a process, which allows the consumer and his/her family members to identify specific goals for the family-based services in order to maintain the consumer in the home.
7.Documents specific goals from intake to discharge and after-care planning for the consumer's medical record.
8. Maintains a maximum caseload of eight assigned consumers and families on a 24- hour/ 7-days per week basis in addition to scheduled sessions to assist with crisis situations.
9. Provides consumers and their families with options for day and evening hours for scheduling regular sessions and is available a minimum of two evenings per week for regularly scheduled sessions to assigned caseload.
10. Expected to meet agreed upon billable hours. * 60% of billable hours with partner * 40% of billable hours individually.
11.Shares on-call duties with other program staff of a regular rotation.
12. Maintains Team's program productivity standards.
13. Participates in family-based therapy training as mandated by the Office of Mental Health for a three-year period.
14. Attends other training on family systems, growth and development, structural family therapy, local resources for families and treatment documentation.
15. Participates in own performance process.
16. Possesses knowledge of age specific growth and development.
17. Maintains competence in identified universal, core, and critical competencies.
18. Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills / Requirements:
Required: Master's Degree in psychology, sociology, social work, or related field plus one year of experience in a community based program; Valid Act 33/34 clearances and current, valid PA driver's license.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer