Centennial is seeking a Vice President and Controller for a client in the Cincinnati area. This position will report to the president and manage the accounting functions as well as the financial planning & analysis of the company and its subsidiaries.
The right candidate will have significant experience in accounting and direct support of operations, including long-range planning. An adept problem solver who is a clear communicator and motivating coach will be the best fit.
• Responsible for and manages the accounting functions and personnel.
• Responsible for financial planning and analysis and banking relations.
• Preparation of financial statements according to GAAP in an accurate and timely manner.
• Acts as a key participant in the annual strategic and long-range planning processes, with specific responsibilities for budget.
• Proactive in aiding the president in taking advantage of opportunities and avoiding pitfalls.
• Evaluate the capital and debt requirements of the company as well as supporting all stakeholders’ informational needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities / Complexity Programs / Planning / Prioritizing
• Responsible for cash requirements and cash forecasting.
• Oversees and facilitates the external audit process and the timely filing of tax returns.
• Prepare necessary analysis and reporting in order to fulfill officers, directors and management informational needs.
• Responsible for the development and tracking of key performance metrics on a timely basis in the measurement and support of operations.
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluating company performance and compliance based on debt covenants with lenders.
• Monitors the ongoing progress of the annual and long-range plans.
• Evaluate and advise on cash needs, cash funding, and investment of surplus cash.
• Prepare financial reports for officers and directors and communicate any financial issues and/or growth opportunities.
• Initiates action plans necessary to achieve the financial objectives of the current annual plan and the long-range plan by identifying areas of success and concern.
• Develops and maintains all accounting, cash, inventory and financial policies, procedures and processes.
Analytical / Problem Solving
• Advises and assists staff in problem solving and implementing new ideas within their departments for cost control and revenue growth.
• Review loan documents and make covenant and default recommendations with lenders.
• Develops necessary controls for expense disbursements and accuracy.
• Provide analysis of all capital proposals.
Accountability for Budgets & Inventories
• Budget $25M+.
• Accuracy of Inventory accounts exceeding $3M+.
Relationships – Contacts (Inside & Outside) / Communication Skills (verbal & written)
• Oversees the resolution of delinquent Accounts Receivable accounts.
• Responsible for negotiations with vendors to obtain best pricing: cash transport security, ATM, and supply vendors.
• Builds and maintains working relationships with all department heads.
• Interaction and negotiation with bankers and lawyers (president, vice president, partner), audit partners, tax partners, insurance brokers, and 401(k) administrators.
• Manages banking relationships of the company and its subsidiaries.
Supervision – Leadership / Management Skills
• Manage Accounting departments of subsidiaries.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 10 years in general and operational accounting
• 5 years of relevant management responsibilities
• CPA preferred
• Significant experience in accounting and direct support of operations, including long-range planning.
Critical Skill(s) / Expertise
• Analytical skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Windows Office programs and working knowledge of the Sage 100 operating system.
• Willingness to learn any necessary systems.
Each submission will be considered as TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL and will be reviewed and given serious consideration! All qualified candidates will be immediately contacted.
Please attach your resume in WORD format via the "Apply Online" feature.
Visit URL blocked - click to apply to learn about all of Centennial, Inc.'s current career opportunities.
Since 1975, Centennial Inc. has been a leading provider of Talent Strategy and Strategic Recruiting Solutions TM. We bring time-tested principles, and cutting-edge practices, to help our clients recruit top leadership and professional talent. Our unique 4C TM recruiting process allows us to recruit and to satisfy corporate requirements more selectively and effectively through:
Competence: Does the candidate have the credentials, skills and experience needed?
Character: Does the candidate have the highest level of integrity to represent you and your organization?
Chemistry: Is there a true interpersonal connection between the candidate and team members?
Culture: Is there a true match between the candidate's professional/personal style that will enable him/her to be successful in the specific work environment?
(See Job Description)