Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support, promote and encourage the Target 2021 program goals – student focused
2. Provide content instruction to Target 2021 students listed on approve schedule in an Academic Support (push-in) or Academic Intervention (pull out model).
3. Read (thoroughly) and respond (immediately) to all correspondence (E-mails, Weekly Memorandums, etc.) from UI-PCG’s Management Team.
4. Develop and maintain professional relationships with school personnel and program staff.
5. Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge base related to the program’s instructional content to ensure effective instruction.
6. Provide students with individualized skills instruction using results for the MAP assessments and/ or curriculum provided by the school’s site lead and/or classroom teacher.
7. Report to assignments on time (fully prepared to instruct) and remain for entire assigned schedule.
8. Contact Lead Coordinator and Site Lead by phone or text (NO E-MAILS) at least 3 hours prior to your assignment, in the event of your absence.
9. Create a structured and enjoyable environment for student learning by employing and University Instructors approved classroom management techniques.
10. Address challenges related to classroom management and student learning immediately to school personnel (i.e. classroom teacher and site lead) and University Instructors Management Team.
11. Record and maintain student progress, attendance and focus on reporting documents daily; Official review of records and reports will be conducted weekly on Fridays by Program Management and District Partners
12. Submit all required reporting before deadlines to prevent compensation delays.
13. Complete timesheets daily, as to prevent payment delays.
- Proficiency in assigned content area (i.e., Math, English Language Arts, Social Studies, Sciences) is required.
- Prior experience teaching/tutoring is preferred.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT, E-mail, etc.), and organizational skills.
- Access to the internet and reliable transportation is required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Day
- 1-2 years Experience Teaching Or Tutoring