Your job responsibilities will include following tasks
- Technician support for Mfg Test Engineering lab.
- Assemble, test, verification, troubleshooting and rework of prototypes.
- Assemble, test, verification and troubleshooting of test fixtures, cabling and adapters.
- Failure analysis support for contract manufacturers as well as for field organizations.
- Assist in various lab management duties including installation of systems/assemblies, maintenance/repair of lab equipment, physical inventory tracking, lab policies and procurement of lab supplies. Must be able to lift up to 45lbs and some heavy material lifting may be required.
- Operate thermal test chamber, load products under test, monitor and support users.
- Perform all job functions in adherence to TL9000 practices.
- If needed, provide support to remote partners. Some domestic/international travel may be needed
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role working on complex electronic assemblies.
- AS in Electronics or equivalent required.
- Strong knowledge of basic electronics, digital and analog theory is required.
- Excellent failure analysis troubleshooting skills of complex circuitry to component level is required.
- Excellent solder rework skills, including fine pitch SMT components is required.
- Proficiency with use of power and hand tools to include drills and wire crimping tools, for pins, connectors, lugs, etc.
- Proficiency with usage of test and debug equipment including oscilloscopes, various meters, power supplies, boundary scan tools, component programming software & equipment, inspection equipment including high magnification microscopes & cameras.
- Well versed in UNIX, Linux, Windows and Microsoft Office, Adobe usage.
- Familiar with Document Control and CAD tools for viewing schematics, BOMs, ECOs etc. Knowledge of Agile is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, balancing workload and priorities while insuring timely completion of projects on schedule.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well with multiple functional groups.
- Telecommunications product experience is a plus.