Performs routine duties with minimal supervision following standard practices or procedures; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Skills: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two years of experience in OS&D and/or customer service.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Communicates internally with customers, agents, service center and corporate personnel and externally with terminals, sales force and customers.
Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Preferred knowledge of AS/400 and Microsoft Office.
Office Skills: Proficient typing, filing and ten key skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in al units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person. Requires use of a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Requires walking on a dense concrete dock; walking in enclosed spaces over uneven footing, often over and around wooden pallets.
- May require lifting up to 20 pounds from floor to full extension.
- The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation.
- Work in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- May work on the dock, may be in extreme heat or cold; dock can be dirty and slippery.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.