To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Orleans, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Manager
Southeast Louisiana Area Health Education Center • New Orleans, LA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Bureau of Family (BFH) of the Office of Public Health (OPH), Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) works to promote optimal health for all Louisiana women, children, teens, and families.
- BFH is seeking to fill the role of Human Resource Manager for BFH.
- This position supports the BFH Business Manager who has oversight and responsibility of BFH’s Business Operations Unit (Budget and Fiscal Management, Grants Management, Contract Monitoring and Support, Administrative Support, Human Resources and Workforce Development), as well as interfaces with other agencies in the wider OPH and LDH.
- A baccalaureate degree plus three years of professional level experience in administrative services, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, Leadership Development, or Business or related field.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications i.e. Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition, and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Capable of compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning
- Demonstrated success working with a team of diverse initiatives and staff roles
- Ability to work independently in creative and fast moving work environments
- Produce high quality content internally and externally with an eye for detail and an ear for language
- Master’s degree in human resource management, public administration, business administration, psychology, management, strategy and leadership, or business related field or extensive practical experience.