Who We Are:
SafeAuto is a thriving insurance company based in Columbus, Ohio. For over 25 years we have continued to provide our customers with engaging customer service and technology that makes insurance easy to understand. At SafeAuto, our culture, values, and commitment to diversity define who we are and what we do. We strive to provide a culture that is forward-thinking and inclusive. Here at SafeAuto, we value providing affordable car insurance to every customer so they can enjoy the road ahead.What is the Opportunity:
As a Financial Accountant you must be able to apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties: What you will be doing
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting authorized business transactions and organizing the documentation in monthly standard-format binders.
• Prepare data for financial and compliance reporting (both external and internal), including quarterly and annual statutory and GAAP filings, premium taxes, results by state, etc.
• Distribute expenditures, budget, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules
• Perform statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and write narrative reports explaining findings.
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers (balance sheet reconciliation binder).
• Compile and analyze financial statements for real estate investments to determine trends and significant changes
• Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
• Prepare information for internal audit, external auditor, Ohio DOI and other auditor requests
• Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
• Serves as accounts payable back-up.
• Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation. What you should have to be Successful:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college with an accounting degree or relevant major.
• 3-6 years of professional, related experience.
• Software Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Data mining tools, and general ledger experienceWhat You Can Expect From Us:
Comprehensive benefits package available from Day 1, including health, dental and vision coverage with wellness incentive program
Generous paid time off and paid holiday program
Onsite wellness program with coaches available for personalized nutrition and fitness counseling and fitness classes at our beautiful Easton headquarters
Onsite café with chef offering made to order breakfast and lunch (reasonable pricing, too)
401K plan with company match and superior performance-based bonus structure
A full-time career in a growing industry, with lots of opportunities for advancement
Casual dress code – wear jeans every day!
SafeAuto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.URL blocked - click to apply
Standard Accounting Practices